We want you to have the best mobile games experience you can. Here, we aim to give you a one-stop-shop of support.
You can get an account and/or
Post a Support Request here
WHAT STAGE ARE YOU AT? ...
• I haven't purchased a game yet and would like to try a free test download before I buy
• I have purchased a game but do not know how to download it
• I have purchased a game, tried to download it but have a problem
I haven't purchased a game and would like to test if I can before I buy
A good choice. We have set up a free text trial download of a freeware mobile invaders game.
• In the UK?: Text INVADER to 07887926101
• International?: Text INVADER to 447887926101
Within a minute or so you will be sent back a download link to your phone. Open the message and either click the link or 'use detail' in the options menu (depending on your phone) and attempt to download the game.
NB. If you are unsure how to download content to your phone, check your manual or do a google search for your phone model's wap/web instructions.
After installation you need to browser to your 'installations', 'applications' or 'games' folder on your phone and click the icon to load up the game and you should be able to fire at those pesky aliens!!
NB. This is only a simple freeware game so don't be put off by the quality. Paid-for games' quality is quite astounding in contrast.
Didn't work? Check out the General FAQ's.
I have purchased a game but do not know how to download it
If you have received the link then see our General FAQ's for more information on downloading the game.
If you have not received the link, here are the most common reasons.
The method of 'delivering' your game depends on the payment method you used:
By SMS (UK Only):
You should have received 2 messages; a thank you message (which charges your phone for the game), followed by a download link for the game.
I have purchased a game, tried to download it but have a problem
Almost all download problems come from not using the WAP browser on your phone.
Using the correct browser to download games on your phone
Our products can only be downloaded via the WAP browser on your phone (the original phone's browser. For example, Opera Mini will not work) as this a legal requirement of games developers and they do not allow the sending out of original games files.
On many Nokias a WAP browser is called a 'Services' browser for example. On some other phones it is called a 'mobile web' browser or 'wap' browser.
Check you are using the phone's WAP or original browser. If unsure, check the manual, ask your phone supplier or do a Google search for more information on your phone's WAP browser.
Common error messages you will see if you are not using the WAP browser;
• "This game is not compatible with your phone" (even though the site said it was!)
• "Looks like you are using a generic simulator"
• "Your phone has not been recognised"
If you have a different problem to this, check our General FAQ's or post a support request.
Use the WAP Site
Using our WAP site to purchase mobile games is easiest as it recognises your phone model when you arrive and gives you content which works on your phone.
Buying is easier too because in most countries you can make use of '1 click purchasing' which is simply deducted from your phone bill.
Finally, instead of relying on a text message to get your game link, the download link is simply presented on the final page after your payment is complete.
Point your phone's WAP browser to http://wap.gamemobile.co.uk or text the word GAME to 447887926101 to get the link sent to your phone for free.
Can I download a game to my computer, then transfer it to my phone via infrared, Bluetooth or PC/MAC USB cables?
No, we do not support the transfer of game files through USB cables, Bluetooth or any other method/device/software.
If I remove a game from my phone, can I re-download it without being charged again?
No, we do not yet offer this service. This ability may be offered by your operator.
How do I know if I have WAP activated on my phone?
If you are unsure if you have WAP activated on your phone, here is a way of checking:
- Find where to access WAP or GPRS on your phone first check your phone's manual. Otherwise, below are suggestions of where to look on your make of phone:
- Nokia: check for a folder called "services" for your settings, homepage, bookmarks etc. 3650/7650/n-gage users select WAP from your menu.
- Sony Ericsson: check you "connectivity" folder.
- Samsungs: check your "funbox" and select "WAP browser".
- Siemens: check your "surf & fun" folder and select "internet".
- Motorola: check for "web sessions" folder.
- Panasonic: check your "browser" folder.
- Sharp: check your "settings" and then "internet".
- Look for "home" and click on that choice.
- If you have WAP activated on your phone this should initiate a WAP connection and connect you to a wapsite (most likely your network's). If this does not initiate a WAP connection then either you don't have the correct settings for you mobile, WAP or GPRS may not have been activated for your phone by your network or you phone doesn't support WAP.
My download did not work.
The easiest way to check is by looking through all the Folders on your phone; the game may have downloaded to a folder that you haven't checked, such as the "Downloads" folder, the "Applications" folder, or even the "Games" folder (folder options may vary from phone to phone). Make sure that there is enough room on your phone for another application.
I can download but the installation fails.
My download doesn't reach 100% or I get a message saying 'Download Failed'
Some phones (e.g. Motorola T720), will download a game, try to install the game, and then fail because there isn't enough storage space. This problem is usually solved by deleting other Java applications on your phone and re-downloading.
- Please make sure that your WAP settings are correct.
- Some operators' WAP systems are not yet configured to support Java game downloads. Please check with your operator.
- If your phone memory is full you will need to clear some space by erasing an application. Once you have made some space, you can try downloading again.
I get a message saying "Memory Full".
If your phone memory is full you will need to clear some space by erasing an application. Once you have made some space, you can try downloading again.
The message 'Check IP Address' appears when I go to retrieve my download?
"Check IP Address" or "Check Homepage Address" means WAP and GPRS have not been activated. To have WAP and GPRS activated, please contact your service provider as they need to activate the service for you.
If GPRS has already been activated in your phone and you have a Nokia 3100, 3200, 3530, 5100, 6100, 6200, 6610, 6800, 7210, 7250 or 7250i go to "Services" on your phone menu and then select "Settings", the option "Connection Settings" appears on some phones, if it does, select it, on others it goes straight to "Active Service Settings." Underneath "Active Service Settings" your service provider's name should appear. If the settings aren't saved correctly, the word "Spare" or another service provider will be listed. Select the correct service provider in "Active Service Settings" and then go into the "Service Inbox" to download the file.
Why does my WAP connection fail before I download my Java game?
Clear the cache in your WAP browser before you try accessing the address again.
- Check your phone's free memory available. If you are able to see the description of the game on your phone, it should say how much memory it requires, and if your phone's free memory is less than this, you will need to delete some other games to make room. Check your phone's manual for details on this limitation and what sort of things you can safely delete.
- If you are still unable to download the game, it may be because your phone operator's WAP Gateway is not able to let you download it.
If a game is not available for my phone, can I purchase a game for a different phone and use it on mine?
Picking an alternate phone, even if the model numbers are very close, will not work. Each game is thoroughly tested to work on the phone for which it is listed. If a game is not available for your phone, check back regularly.
IF IN DOUBT CHECK YOUR MANUFACTURER'S and NETWORK SERVICE PROVIDER'S WEBSITES.
Post a support request
customer is automatically created
a free customer account with their
first purchase. This is designed to
allow you to keep a record of transactions
& download links, a place to collect
your free loyalty credits (awarded
with every purchase), a quicker method
to browse games for your phone and
full acccess to our customer support
team. You should have been sent your
username and password along with your
you do not know your username and
password use the forgot feature. If the system cannot find
you it will give you the opportunity
to create a free account which you
should do and then proceed to the
support area and post a support request.
(If it says it has sent your details
but you do not receive them first
check any spam/filters on your email
account and if you still do not get
them you can create an account here).
you have your username & password,
- Login via the web site (above)
and your WAP link will be shown
in your transaction history. Type
this into the WAP browser on your
phone only. It can only be download
via the WAP browser on your phone.
Be careful as all WAP links are
CaSe sensitive so ensure you enter
as shown and do not confuse O's
- Or, You can download direct
from the wap site. Go to our WAP
site http://wap.gamemobile.co.uk and login, use your username and
password from your account. Once
logged in you will be directed
to the Pickup Depot which will
have direct download links to
your purchase as well as a link
to review the product.